We are looking for students or soon-to-be graduates who want to become best-in-class software engineers and are motivated to solve complex business problems with software.
Vuono Group is the fastest-growing company in the Futurice Family
Vuono Group is a consulting company focusing on digital efficiency within the Futurice Family. Our founding team consists of senior professionals from Reaktor, Futurice and Columbia Road. At Vuono Group you get the best of both worlds – being part of a big developer ecosystem but also working in a startup environment.
We are on a mission to create the best working environment for digital efficiency professionals like you. To get there, we invest in the well-being and work-life balance as well as the professional development of our people.
Wouldn’t this be the ideal way to start your software engineering & consulting career?
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer, you are interested in what happens under the hood of modern software solutions and modern architectures. You are also interested in good software engineering practices, modern ways of working and solving complex business problems with code.
You have some familiarity with one or two technologies such as TypeScript, React, Kotlin, Java, Clojure, Scala, Python, C#, AWS/Azure/GCP, or some other back-end or front-end technology.
Both backend and front-end development interest you – but of course, we don’t expect you to know it all – it’s much more important that you are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working.
You’ll get to work with other Vuono Group software engineers in a cross-competence team making our clients’ businesses more efficient with software. In practice, this means building systems, services, architectures, automations, AI and APIs that improve our clients’ digital efficiency. In this role, you’ll get to solve highly complex business and technical problems.
You’ll have a top-of-the-class development team to support you in learning and you’ll have the ability to create real impact in our clients’ business.
If you're looking for a workplace where you get a lot of responsibility and where you get to learn new things quickly from more senior experts, you'll find it here. You will get to grow with us, nurture your ambitions and learn new skills within software development and software engineering.
Why Join Us
Experienced senior team supports your professional growth.
A truly non-hierarchical culture where you are trusted and have the freedom you need.
The usual perks such as work tools of your choice and HR benefits.
The chance to invest in a rapidly growing company through an employee share program.
You'll be part of an exciting startup success story.
We asked some of our senior developers what makes Vuono Group a great workplace for them, take a look at what they said.
The Recruitment Process and Timeline
You can expect at least two interviews where you get to know us, and we get to know you as a professional, colleague and person. We'll also tell you more about what it's like to work at Vuono Group. We will also test your skill set with a take-home test during the interview rounds.
The deadline for your application is Wednesday 31.01.2024. We will start interviewing suitable candidates in February.
This is a full-time summer job, but we are flexible with the timing. It is also possible to start working part-time already during the spring or continue in the autumn while you finish your studies (or full-time if you're graduating). The start date and possible holidays during the summer will be agreed upon with you.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation is at a minimum based on the TEK salary recommendations, but for software developers students with already some relevant work experience the typical starting salary range is between 3000€ – 4000€ per month, depending on the experience and background.
Pick the laptop of your choosing
Insurance for travel and free time
Recurring training & learning sessions
Sports, culture & massage vouchers
About Vuono Group
Vuono Group is a business engineering company, focusing on digital efficiency. We help our clients with automating business processes, developing modern ERP and software solutions as well as bringing clarity to their business technology strategy and IT architecture. Our experienced yet youthful team is building the best consultancy specialising in digital efficiency.
We are part of the Futurice Family, an ecosystem of companies, each with their own field of expertise. With over 800 IT and digital specialists, we can flexibly adapt to client needs and enable digital transformations even better.
- You are a student or recent graduate with some experience or projects related to software development
- We don’t expect you to have multiple years of experience — lots of positive energy and a “get things done” attitude is the winning combination
- We also don't require you to be in the final year of your studies
- You are self-driven and active and want to learn new things continuously
- You understand the basics of digitalisation and you approach problems in an analytical manner
- You would love to work in a fast-paced environment solving real-life customer problems from various business domains
- You are comfortable communicating matters related to your own work and you enjoy working with other people in an agile environment – it’s not a problem for you to present your own ideas to a small group of people from time to time, for example in a workshop
- By nature, you are analytical and like to solve problems
- The way we work with our clients involves very close and constant collaboration – often at the client's premises (dependent on current restrictions). Hence, we can only consider candidates who live (or plan to move) within commuting distance of Helsinki.
- Note: We are currently not able to offer visa sponsorships for Finland, so, unfortunately, we can't consider applications from outside EU/EEA.